Here are some helpful tips for buying toys this Holiday Season for children with special needs:
- Choose toys that have sound, movement and texture. This will help appeal to the child’s varying senses.
- Choose interactive toys that allow your child to play with others.
- Choose toys that can be adapted to be played with in alternative ways. This allows the child to be creative and use their imagination.
- Choose toys that may require varying capabilities when it comes to focus.
- Choose toys that stimulates and motivates a child to move toward physical, emotional and social developmental goals.